The Trumpeter General began with no. 1 (29 Nov. 1833). Initially a gratis newspaper published twice a week by its proprietor John Charles Stracey, an auctioneer, and printed by Nathaniel Olding. In September 1834 Gilbert Robertson became involved in its management. The last three issues (12-26 Dec. 1834) were printed at Bent’s printing office, 67 Elizabeth Street, where Robertson’s True Colonist was then printed. Olding had by then commenced a new newspaper of his own, the short-lived Morning Star, and Commercial Advertiser, the first issue of which appeared on 28 November.
Digital version available on Trove.